Asunto: Vespa Correos
First of all, Hello!

Excuse me for writing this in English. I'm from Norway and not very good in Spanish, but with google translate and a little common sense, I'm able to understand quite a bit! ;) Maybe it works the same way for you the other way around?

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is that I'm looking for the seat and box combination that I have seen on the Spanish postal Vespas:

Me and two other friends will participate in a cross-sahara rally in one year, and we are looking at different seating options. The easiest and simplest would be to fabricate a custom rack and a metal box and then use a regular single saddle like you find on the older scooters. But this seat is not very comfortable in the long run and bounces up and down independantly of the scooter.

Is this something you guys can help me find? Any help would be much appreciated. Who produced this seat and where was the factory?

By the way, you might have noticed some of this years participants of the Budapest-Bamako rally coming through your area the past week. It is this rally that we are going to participate in next year. You can read more about it on our website: http://bamakobyvespa.no. Of course it is all in Norwegian, but google translate might be your friend there.. :)

Once again, thanks alot for any information on this seat.

Perfil MP  
Asunto: Re: Vespa Correos
magg escribió: 
En primer lugar, ¡Hola!

Perdón por escribir esto en Inglés. Soy de Noruega y no muy bueno en español, pero traduce con el google y un poco de sentido común, soy capaz de entender un poco! A lo mejor funciona de la misma manera para que a la inversa?

De todos modos, la razón por la que dejo aquí es que estoy buscando la combinación de seguridad y caja que he visto en la Vespa postal español:

Yo y otros dos amigos participarán en un rally a través del Sahara en un año, y estamos viendo diferentes opciones de asientos. La forma más fácil y más simple sería la de fabricar un rack a medida y una caja de metal y luego usar una silla de montar solo regulares como los que usted encuentra en los scooters más. Sin embargo, este asiento no es muy cómodo en el largo plazo y rebota hacia arriba y hacia abajo independientemente de la moto.

¿Es esto algo que ustedes me puede ayudar a encontrar? Cualquier ayuda sería muy apreciada. ¿Quién produjo el asiento y donde era la fábrica?

Por cierto, te habrás dado cuenta algunos de los participantes de este año del rally Budapest-Bamako viene a través de su área la semana pasada. Este es el rally que vamos a participar en el próximo año. Puedes leer mas sobre esto en nuestro sitio web: http://bamakobyvespa.no. Por supuesto, es todo en Noruega, pero traductor Google puede ser tu amigo no ..

Una vez más, muchas gracias por cualquier información sobre este asiento.

Perfil MP  
Good luck!!!

http://www.lamaneta.org/mercadillo/...l.com&num=77400

http://cgi.ebay.es/Maleta-portabult...=item2a0d6aac56

Perfil MP  
Thank you so much for your help!

I'm holding the winning bid on the seat on ebay at the moment, but I am unsure if he can send it to Norway. I'm crossing my fingers! :)

Anyway, I'm still looking for two more seats and one more box.. :)

Perfil MP  
In this page you can see a preparation using a tool box for trucks.

http://www.elmundoenmoto.es/motos.php

Regards and luck.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Looks like I might be able to get some seats and boxes from a guy in England. The guy on Ebay didn't want to send outside Spain, and the two other links haven't given me any good replies yet..

Anyway, we still have a little under a year left of planning, so we will sort something out. :)

Another question:
We will most probably not be riding the scooters all the way from Oslo, Norway. The salty, snowy and icy roads will most likely kill the scooters or us before we cross the border into Sweden.

What we are looking at, is a way to send the scooters by lorry or train down to France or Spain and then drive from there. But then we need to find someone who can be in the recieving end and store our scooters when they arrive.

Is there, by any chance, someone in Vespa Club Jaén and with space in there garage who can recieve and/or store our three scooters for a few weeks, or maybe a month in December-January 2011/2012?

We will then fly down in mid-January 2012 load up, meet with the rest of the rally, and head for Africa.

Perfil MP  
Well, for a cause as adventurous and important in life, I can provide accommodation for your Vespas during that month on my private and closed parking in the capital of Jaen. These parkings have installed security cameras continuously recording

This is the garage:

Última edición por Parch el Mar 01 Feb, 2011 17:06; editado 1 vez
magg escribió: 
Gracias por su ayuda, chicos!

Parece que podría ser capaz de obtener algunos asientos y las cajas de un tipo en Inglaterra. El tipo en Ebay no quería enviar fuera de España, y los otros enlaces no me han dado ninguna respuesta buena pero ..

De todas formas, todavía tenemos un poco menos de un año de planificación, por lo que encontraremos algo.

Otra pregunta:
No conduciremos nuestras Vespas todo el camino de Oslo, Noruega. La sal, la nieve y el hielo en las carreteras lo más probable es que destrocen nuestras Vespas y a nosotros mismos antes de cruzar la frontera con Suecia.

Lo que estamos estudiando, es una forma de enviar los Vespas en camión o en tren hasta Francia o España y luego en coche desde allí. Pero entonces tenemos que encontrar a alguien que puede estar en el extremo receptor y almacenar nuestras scooters cuando llegan.

¿Existe, por casualidad, alguien en Vespa Club Jaén y con el espacio en el garaje hay que pueden recibir y / o almacenar nuestros tres motos por algunas semanas, o tal vez un mes en diciembre-enero 2011/2012?

Luego volaremos hacia allí a mediados de enero 2012 hasta la carga, y nos reunamos con el resto del rally, y la cabecera en África.

If necessary and I can take care of a Vespa, at least Magg. Together we can find accommodation for all Vespas.

Best Regards.

Juan Manuel

Perfil MP  
Hi Magg,

nice to meet you. I'm working in an international courier. We are a UPS STORE. We work whiit UPS and TNT. If you want I can look at to bring the bikes to Spain. I think the best way wold be palletized.
If you are interested, send me a private and I answer you as soon as be possible.

Kind regards,

Pedro

Última edición por nido el Mar 01 Feb, 2011 23:41; editado 1 vez
Perfil MP  
repetido, perdón

Última edición por nido el Mar 01 Feb, 2011 23:40; editado 1 vez
Perfil MP  
Thanks again for all the replies! :)
I wasn't prepared to get that many offers ot help us. There is still quite a while before we can start sending them down to Spain though.

Parch: That looks like a nice garage (and a nice project too!). It is good to know we can use it.
Juan Manuel: Thanks! Good to know.

Nido: Thats very interesting! I'm sending you a PM.

Perfil MP  

Página 1 de 1